Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I change the brakes on my car?

Thank you for looking. I own a 2006 Infiniti M35, and wish to change the brakes. How do I start off? I really wish to be able to learn all this so I can work on my vehicle, and not have to take it to the shop every time. Is it a matter of just taking the wheels off, and replacing the pads? Thanks a lotHow do I change the brakes on my car?something debby didn't mention,lock your car doors so your inexperienced friends don't come over and put their foot on the brake pedal while the calipers are unbolted and off the rotorHow do I change the brakes on my car?It's pretty much that simple but when you go buy the brake pads buy a manual and follow the instructionsHow do I change the brakes on my car?It's not hard at all but do yourself a favor and get your self a manual for it first, even if it is not available over the counter at shops you can get them from the manufacturer of your vehicle, they are more expensive but they have more detail and you will be able to do more repairs to your car thus saving even more money on repairs, i have always done it this way, and when you do change the pads do one side at a time so you know where everything goes when finished.How do I change the brakes on my car?Debby you have no clue what you are talking about on newer cars you have to clamp off brake hose and open bleeder screw then depress the piston or risk screwing up the anti lock part of the system they make a special tool to clamp the hose don't use vise grips J.J take a class or take it to a shop cars are not as simple as they were 25 years ago i have been a mechanic for 27 years whats going to happen is you will do it yourself then have to pay more to fix it right when you take it to the shop I've seen it happen more times then i can count