Friday, June 3, 2011

How many miles do brake pads last?

I'm leasing a 2007 Pontiac G6. This lease has a warranty that will cover brake pads %26quot;when replacement or repair is the result of a defect in material or workmanship.%26quot; I've had the car for 2 of the 3 years and there are 24,000 miles on the car. The car salesman told me I shouldn't expect to change the brakes before the lease was over, but that's not the case. So should I try to contact the dealership and claim the brake pads were defective for wearing out so soon??

THanksHow many miles do brake pads last?well brake pads said to last around 30,000 miles but it also depends on the way you drive. If you like to step on the brake at the last min. or if you like to stomp on the brake's it can wear out faster.How many miles do brake pads last?It depends on the driver and driving habits. A lot of highway driving and they last a lot longer than fast stops in town driving. I doubt you will ever prove defective brakes just because they wore out faster than you think they should.



I have 2001 GMC Sierra that has 98000 miles and still on the original brakes......And has about 1/2 brakes left as they were checked the other day..................md